Friday, November 14, 2008

WOW HOW EXCITING

The Workshop for Tanzania Editors and Trainers opened a new ground for some of us who had had not the chance to seriously learn the a b c d of the internet formally in an academic setting. It may surprise many to learn that whatever knowledge I had of the online “whatever” I had learned it from my grandson who is ten years old.

The advantage of the electronic age is that in my family everybody owns a laptop and believe it we all use the equipment daily and at some stage I thought I was almost an expert only to find out that there is a lot more out there that I don’t know yet but thanks to Piek I can claim to be a graduate of online research and reporting as a result of his well tailored workshop. His thorough way of presentation of each topic left me excited and wanted to continue even when I was told time was up.

The participant who walked in on Monday 12th November,2008, is not the same one walking out today the 14th November,2008. Do you know what? I can now make and teach anybody how to make a “BLOG” how to search facts through the Internet. How to write , edit, save and post and finally view my blog. Moreover, I can now research online
And report in my own words. Most important I can make the links to my story as much as I can so that others can visit and check out for the facts for themselves.

Last night I shared my new learning experiences with the Dean of my Faculty, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, where I head the Department of Mass Communication and he asked me if we could officially arrange that Mr. Johansson
Conducts a similar workshop at Tumaini University, Dar es Salaam College to the staff of the faculty.

Since I am very slow, I am not going to do any links in this article but I promise myself to keep on practicing until I am an expert in the making.

What I found the most difficult to learn was the photo posting and publishing so I will try doing one in this last blog to show off inspite of everything.

Thank you . Peik, thank you all

No comments: